Tuesday, April 3, 2007

QotW10: My Second Life

MY JOURNEY:


Hi, I am Rosh Writer, a member of Second Life since April 2, 2007. My name is Roshni Rawla, so Rosh was the closest to reality I could think of! Writer was a serious, intellectual name, something I’m not, but would like to be in my Second Life and hence, the name. My avatar is a female, another touch of reality and somewhat dresses like me, in short pants and tees with a jacket; casual and comfortable. I was thrilled to see the flying button and the teleporting one too, it was just like Hero Nakamura in the TV show, 'Heroes.'

1) ORIENTATION:

ENTERING SECOND LIFE

FINDING AND DRIVING VEHICLE

USING MAP

SEARCHING EVENTS


2) PERSONALIZING MY AVATAR

CHANGING MY AVATAR SHAPE

EDITING CLOTHES

EDITING FACE

EDITING APPEARANCE

GETTING EXTRA CREDIT FOR COMPLETING A TASK AT ORIENTATION


3) JOINING GROUPS

COM125 GROUP

THE BEATLES GROUP


4) GOING SIGHTSEEING

AMSTERDAM

THE PORT

FINALLY...THE EDGE

DANCING AND CHATTING AT THE EDGE


After exploring Second Life, the little that I could these past couple of days, I teleported myself to a couple of places, like Amsterdam, Edge and The Port. However, the best of all those was The Edge Club. According to Wired.com, The Edge is the hottest club around. It has metal pyramid hops with dancing and also has slot machines near the dance floor. It is buzzing with life and is a popular nightlife spot in Second Life. Overall it was a great experience to be with and communicate with so many people and the music wasn’t bad too, so I would say, definitely worth a visit.

No comments: